Phase two of the Leisure Centre redevelopment, primarily comprising the expansion of the sports stadium, commenced its planning stage in April 2017 with works now expected to be completed by November 2018. Council has secured grant funding of $4.4million from the Commonwealth Community Development Grant Funding Program to fully fund these works.
The expansion project scope includes:
- construction of one new indoor sports show court with space for spectator seating;
- construction on an outdoor basketball shooting court;
- construction of three new squash courts with movable intermediate walls, space for spectator seating and adjacent breakout space;
- installation of new lift services to provide access to upper level of stadium and entry;
- refurbishment of existing stadium facilities including change rooms;
- construction of a children's play court adjacent the Kiosk; and
- construction of external works including landscaping and improved parking facilities.
UPDATE: Work to Commence - 1 November 2018
The Leisure Centre Expansion works are about to start on site this week, with completion of the stadium expected in late June 2019. Its business as usual for the Pool, Gym and Stadium all being open as normal. Please note however that the western carpark will be unavailable for the duration of the construction works.
UPDATE: Contractor Appointed - 25 September 2018
The City of Port Lincoln Council has confirmed the appointment of Unique Urban Built Pty Ltd, a South Australian based company, as the Construction Contractor for the Port Lincoln Leisure Centre Stadium Expansion