Strength for Life
COTA SA accredited strength and cardio training program designed for the over 50's. Run by a qualified fitness instructor, Strength For Life participants undergo an initial health assessment, then follow a tailored program plan during supervised session times.
A $30 health assessment is required prior to participation. If you are an Active Adults member the health assessment and all of your classes are included in your membership.
Individual sessions may be attended on a casual basis for $8 per class.
Strength Training for Older Adults
Participants in the Strength for Life program engage in strength and balance training, progressed regularly under the supervision of fitness professionals.
- It's never too late to start. Muscle strength can be regained and maintained no matter what age of physical condition
- Supervised strength training is not a high risk activity
- Strength training can alleviate the effects of chronic conditions such as arthritis, type 2 diabetes, osteoporosis and heart disease
- Improves balance and reduces the risk of falling
- Strength training reduces lower back pain
- Enhances your mental well being, raising self-esteem and self-confidence
Strength for Life Online
Wellbeing SA, COTA SA and Strength for Life have developed this series of videos to allow Strength for Life participants to continue with their strength and balance exercises at home. Included are ideas on making "home equipment" as well as a focus on correct technique.