Active Adults 60Y+
Active Adults is a membership including facility access and programming tailored to improving the fitness, strength and balance for the over 60's.
Active Adult Membership Includes:
- Gym - Access between 9.00am - 4.00pm, Monday to Friday and all day on weekends
- Pool - Unlimited access to all aquatic areas including spa and sauna
- Group Fitness - Access to all aqua fitness classes and all other instructor-led classes between 9:00am - 4:00pm, Monday to Friday, and all day on weekends.
- Gym Consultation - Inductions, personalised programs, technique cues and check-ins
- Stadium Sports - Access for sports like basketball, badminton, netball, soccer (subject to availability)
Low Impact Workout with High Impact Results
Stay fit and healthy through safe, low-impact exercise to ensure your body is kept in peak health.
- Feel great and have more energy
- Socialise and meet new people
- Raise self-esteem and self-confidence
- Low-impact, low-risk exercise to prevent injury
- Improve strength, balance and cardiovascular fitness in group fitness or on your own
- Increase range of motion and support body function and movement
- See improvements in strength, tone and cardiovascular fitness
In addition to staying healthy and feeling great, our Active Adults members love the social connections of fitness classes. The group environment keeps you motivated while having fun and making friends.
At no additional cost, our qualified fitness instructors can help with a variety of consultation services:
- Initial health assessment(required prior to Strength for Life classes)
- Creation of a personalised workout program with safe and effective exercises
- Ad-hoc exercise demonstration, help with technique and general guidance
- Ongoing reviews and 'check-ins to keep you inspired and on track
Strength Training for Older Adults
- It's never too late to start! Muscle strength can be regained and maintained no matter age and physical condition
- Supervised strength training, not a high-risk activity
- Strength training can alleviate the effects of chronic conditions such as Arthritis, Type 2 Diabetes, Osteoporosis and Heart Disease
- Strength training improves balance, reduces the risk of falling and can reduce back pain
- Strength training also enhances your mental well-being, raising self-esteem and self-confidence